Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Integrated Information Management?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Please follow the template provided by JIIM for preparing a draft of your manuscript for the blind peer review. Our manuscript template is designed to enable blind peer review and simplify manuscript preparation for authors and is compliant with our manuscript presentation requirements. It also addresses the common presentation errors that can occasionally contribute to poor peer review outcomes. The template indicates placement and presentation of common manuscript elements. It also includes a set of ready-to-use text styles, which authors can modify if they wish. This file is supplied in DOC format.
- Template in Microsoft Word Format (click here)
- Bibliographical notes (click here)
Apart from the templates given for submitting article authors must consider the following:
Articles should be between 4000 and 9000 words in length. This includes all text including references and appendices. Please allow 280 words for each figure or table.
A title of not more than 16 words should be provided.
All contributing authors’ names should be added and their names arranged in the correct order for publication during submission process (Enter Metadata step)
- Correct email addresses should be supplied for each author.
- The full name of each author must be present in their author in the exact format they should appear for publication, including or exclude any middle names or initials as required
- The affiliation of each contributing author should be correct. The affiliation listed should be where they were based at the time that the research for the paper was conducted
Each named author should provide a brief professional biography of not more than 100 words. Authors biographies should be uploaded as a separated file (use Upload Supplementary Files step).
Authors must declare all sources of external research funding in their article and a statement to this effect should appear in the Acknowledgements section. Authors should describe the role of the funder or financial sponsor in the entire research process, from study design to submission.
Authors must supply a structured abstract (no more than 300 words in total), contain the following headings (as in-line or run-in headings in bold):
- Purpose (mandatory)
- Design/methodology/approach (mandatory)
- Findings (mandatory)
- Research limitations/implications (if applicable)
- Practical implications (if applicable)
- Social implications (if applicable)
- Originality/value (mandatory)
Authors should avoid the use of personal pronouns within the structured abstract and body of the paper (e.g. "this paper investigates..." is correct, "I investigate..." is incorrect).
Authors should provide appropriate and short keywords that encapsulate the principal topics of the paper. The maximum number of keywords is 6.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The main article submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format and follows the template of JIIM Journal.
- The structured abstract file is in Microsoft Word document file format and follows the template of JIIM Journal.
- The biographies file is in Microsoft Word document file format and follows the template of JIIM Journal.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, ensure that the instructions for blind review have been followed (see Author Guidelines)
Authors who publish with JIIM agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License that allows others to share the work with:
- An acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (preferably in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.